Monday, August 10, 2015

August 10, 2015-- Email #93

August 10, 2015
Echague, Philippines

Hello Family!

Well, we've been staying busier and busier and there's no better feeling than that! The weeks are going by so fast and I feel like in the next blink of an eye I'll be home. Although there are so many wonderful things here and I'm enjoying every second of it, I've come to accept the reality that I will be coming back soon and implementing the multitude of things I've learned for a lifetime of useful service to others. But man, do I love this place, and I probably don't realize yet fully how much I'll miss it. There have been so many tender mercies pouring in here and they just keep coming!

Monica has come to Church three times now, the darling! But Irene, her stepmother, has only come the one time thus far... She has a lot of really young children so it's been difficult for her to manage. It broke my heart that she couldn't join, because I know she wants to. We had some surprise investigators come as well, and the Spirit during sacrament and the classes was super strong. I hope they felt it as well! Joshua Dumaliang has come twice, but he had an activity for school on Sunday so he wasn't able to come this last time. He's still doing great, though. There were a lot of less-actives that came to Church, and the attendance in general is steadily increasing... and coming on time more often. Yes!

This computer shop is having random brown-outs and we had a hectic preparation day in general, hence the later hours, so I'll have to wrap this up. I've especially enjoyed the gift of music this week, and I got to sing a duet with Elder Teikauea at their baptism this last Saturday, singing "The Spirit of God". One of my favorite Hymns of the restoration. So powerful, and always makes me think of the Kirtland Temple Dedication, where there were said to be angels on the roof, helping along in the chorus. I believe it, and I think they still sing with us every time that Hymn is sung in our congregations. My other favorites this week were "Jesu, The Very Thought is Sweet" and "Angels from the Realms of Glory". My testimony of the Savior has so many layers now in ways I couldn't have imagined before but it's all become a part of my character. I highly appreciate the fast for help in leadership positions... There are a lot of Elders in this Zone right now that are struggling, and I've been feeling helpless at times trying to run back and forth helping them. But I know everything will turn out well, and that God will help me be a Christlike minister.

Thank you all for the support. My English is super bad, please forgive me. I know this is the true Church of Jesus Christ on earth and it's so great to be able to declare that nobly, boldly and independent! I leave this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

-Elder Kocherhans



No comments:

Post a Comment